Matthew 25:35-36 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.
Homeless Ministry is very important and often neglected. We want to make sure that people have an opportunity to be a blessing in this ministry area. There are lots of people who are in need.
Homeless ministry can be very rewarding. Jesus is the example of how we should relate and act towards the homeless. He helped them and healed them.
How do we do this? We do the following;
- Visitation – Regular visits and relationship building with love.
- Bring them Food – We all have to eat & they do appreciate it.
- Bring them Supplies – Hygienic Products, Paper Plates, Tents, Clothing & anything camping related.
- Find Jobs or Employers – They need to work to get back into a home.
- Prayer – Pray with them and for them.
St Lucie County has plenty of homeless people in need.
We need to coordinate donations, regular donators, visitation routes & ministry groups who will visit and provide prayer & supplies.